Encyclopaedical dictionary with alphabetical ordered articles that cover all the fields of universal knowledge.
An excellent tool to get familiar with Spanish language richness and at the same time have more information about the world that surrounds us.
VOX Encyclopaedical Dictionary is addressed to all those who need quick responses, updated and efficient to their questions and doubts. One of the main characteristics of this app is to offer essential and lasting information, carefully selected by the expert team of encyclopaedists of Larousse Editorial.
VOX imprint is a guarantee of a long experience in dictionaries and reference contents, both for the school market and for wider audiences.
• Number of articles - 75,500
• Meanings and subentries - 100,000
• Number of characters - 13,800,000
Search and translate features:
• New! Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• New! Contextual menu (Translate, Morphology Module, Pronounce).
• New! Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Spanish Morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• New! Search for anagrams.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• New! Multitasking support.
• New! Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• New! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History can be browsed through or deleted in full.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
VOX imprint has a deep know how in Spanish language lexicography, but also in bilingual dictionaries to other languages.
Our range of Spanish dictionaries covers the specific needs of users from primary school through secondary and higher education, without forgetting the general dictionary buying public.
We make lexicographical research (new words and senses, use of Spanish language in Latin America) to help us create panhispanic dictionaries.